Hi, I’m Jack.
I’m interested in building distributed, reliable and secure systems that are simple to maintain. I like automating tasks to ease human-machine interaction, experimenting with old and new concepts and doing things properly.
My topics of interest are:
- Information Security
- Cloud Technologies
- Privacy-aware Computing
- Accelerating Software Development with CI/CD-Pipelines
I am an advocate of Free and Open-source software.
Since 2019 I am studying Security and Cloud Computing in the SECCLO Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree Programme at Aalto University Espoo.
From 2015 to 2018 I studied my Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
Here you can find an overview of my publications.
From January until August 2020 I have been working at Kodit.io as a Junior DevOps Engineer. My activities included:
- Improvement and Maintenance of Bitbucket Pipelines (CI/CD)
- Deployment and Monitoring of AWS Lambda functions with Serverless Framework
- Setup and Integration of Auth0 authentication solution
- Development and Refactoring of REST APIs in Python
From November 2015 until January 2020 I have been working at Fraunhofer-Allianz Vision as a Student Assistant for Administration of Linux systems. My tasks included:
- Migration of Xen-based high-availability cluster to Docker Swarm, GlusterFS, MariaDB Galera
- Administration of Authentication Infrastructure (FreeIPA, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP), PHP-based Web services, Monitoring Infrastructure (Nagios, Icinga)
- Set up of CI/CD Pipelines for Software Development (Jenkins, Gitlab-CI)
- Automatic provisioning of Debian-based servers (Puppet)
In March and August of 2017 I have completed two internships at Nokia Solutions and Networks GmbH & Co. KG. My tasks included:
- Evaluation of performance measurement framework SystemTap
- Evaluation of Intel PT hardware for performance monitoring and tracing
- Implementation of performance tests on target systems
- Integration of tests and results into CI pipelines (Jenkins, Gerrit)
You can also find me on GitHub and LinkedIn.
I am happy to receive end-to-end encrypted e-mails.
Get the public key from your favorite keyserver or download it here.