Hi, I’m Jack.
I’m interested in building distributed, reliable and secure systems that are simple to maintain. I like automating tasks to ease human-machine interaction, experimenting with old and new concepts and doing things properly.
My topics of interest are:
- Information Security
- Cloud Technologies
- Privacy-aware Computing
- Accelerating Software Development with CI/CD-Pipelines
I am an advocate of Free and Open-source software.
From 2015 to 2018 I studied my Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
Since 2019 I am studying Security and Cloud Computing in the SECCLO Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree Programme at Aalto University Espoo.
Here you can find an overview of my publications.
From November 2015 until January 2020 I have been working at Fraunhofer-Allianz Vision as a Student Assistant for Administration of Linux systems. My tasks included:
- Migration of Xen-based high-availability cluster to Docker Swarm, GlusterFS, MariaDB Galera
- Administration of Authentication Infrastructure (FreeIPA, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP), PHP-based Web services, Monitoring Infrastructure (Nagios, Icinga)
- Set up of CI/CD Pipelines for Software Development (Jenkins, Gitlab-CI)
- Automatic provisioning of Debian-based servers (Puppet)
In March and August of 2017 I have completed two internships at Nokia Solutions and Networks GmbH & Co. KG. My tasks included:
- Evaluation of performance measurement framework SystemTap
- Evaluation of Intel PT hardware for performance monitoring and tracing
- Implementation of performance tests on target systems
- Integration of tests and results into CI pipelines (Jenkins, Gerrit)
You can also find me on GitHub and LinkedIn.
I am happy to receive end-to-end encrypted e-mails.
Get the public key from your favorite keyserver or download it here.